Grace For The Journey
John’s gospel tells us about the seven miracles that Jesus performed which, in a word, provided the credentials to back up His claim.
And what was His claim?
Jesus claimed to be God!
He made this claim in a number of ways, most profoundly through His seven great “I AM” statements:
- I am the bread of life – John 6:35
- I am the light of the world – John 8:12
- I am the door – John 10:9
- I am the good shepherd – John 10:11
- I am the resurrection and the life – John 11:25-26
- I am the way, the truth, and the life – John 14:6
- I am the true vine – John 15:1
These “I AM” statements echoed Exodus 3:14, where God revealed Himself to Moses at the burning bush.
When Jesus repeated these words,
He was making it crystal clear
That He was God incarnate.
And that is why the religious leaders sought so many times to put Him to death and ultimately nailed Him to a cross.
The seven miracles Jesus performed were proof that confirmed Jesus as the promised Messiah, who had come into this world to save His people from their sins. Here are those seven miracles, along with a statement of practical application to your life today, right where this finds you . . .
- Turning water into wine (John 2:1-11) – Jesus is the answer for our disappointments.
- Healing the nobleman’s son (John 4:43-54) – Jesus is the answer for our doubts.
- Healing the paralyzed man at the pool 9John 5:1-9) – Jesus is the answer for our disabilities.
- Feeding of the 5,000 (John 6:1-5) – Jesus is the answer for our daily bread.
- Jesus walks on water (John 6:16-25) – Jesus is the answer for our despair.
- Healing of the man born blind (John 9:1-41) – Jesus is the answer for our darkness.
- Raising Lazarus from the dead John 11:1-44) – Jesus is the answer for our appointment with death.
Jesus is the answer but what about some questions in life, such as . . .
- What job should have?
- What kind of car should we drive?
- What clothes should we wear?
- What food should we eat?
- Who should we marry?
- Where should we live?
Those kinds of questions are addressed as you live your life in obedience, follow the truths for live laid out in the Word of God, and seek to honor and glorify the One who love us and gave Himself for us. When it comes to the major issues in life that matter most . . .
Jesus is the answer
Each one of the Master’s Miracles
Provides us with a map
In which to find them.
Keep looking to Jesus …
The author of life …
The answer to life …
The anchor in life
The perfecter of your faith.
This is God’s Word For Today … This Is Grace For The Journey
Rest and Rejoice in this eternal truth!
Ephesians 4:7 – “But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it.”
Hebrews 4:16 – “Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.”